Friday, April 02, 2010

Cooking: Creme Caramel

A few weeks ago I needed a French recipe for a French / Julia Childs themed potluck dinner. I've never really done any French cooking before, but a co-worker suggested a recipe for Creme Caramel (aka flan). She recommended a recipe found on the food blog Gratinee. Between the recipe (link) and this YouTube video (link), I was able to pull off a pretty successful Creme Caramel. My first test run ended in some very burnt caramel, but after that things went pretty smoothly.

Since then, I've made it twice more and both times it was a hit. Here are some photos from my last attempt. I make the creme caramel in individual ramekins because it looks better when serving it.


To server the creme caramel, you cut it out of the ramekin and flip it over onto a plate.

No comments: